Wednesday, November 22, 2006



It's taken a whole lot of years for Think Pink to go from an idea in my head to becoming a real life, hold-it-in your-hands book, but today, the 22nd of November, saw all the dreams of being a real-life author girl come true.

I got an advanced copy of Think Pink.
Ohmystars.
It's beautiful x 1000000000000000000 billion trillion.
And it's got my name on it.

I keep looking at it from a distance, like it might bite me or something, and I don't know how I should be feeling so I dug out the journal where I had the original idea for TP in it earlier.

I'd spent the day with the man, we'd just started dating and to quote Beyonce, I was crazy in love. That evening I was meeting mr. Swanksville for some tea in his slightly smaller, but equally as swanky abode...I'd had an idea for a while but while Swanks was changing, (yep, if you're thinking I'm forever waiting for this dude to get dressed, you're right. ) I got to thinkin' bout this girl with pink tinted glasses - I started scribbling in my notebook about her, what she looked like, what her parents were like what she wore, who her friends were - I loved her instantly. As much as I loved the company, I loved my idea more and couldn't wait to get home to start hanging out with her.

Five years on, and a whole lot of proposals, chapter revising, finding agents, rejection letters, tears, nice lunches in London, meeting publishers, tears, contract signing, writing books, hanging with Lola, editing, editing some more, then a little more editing has got us to here...a real life book that's sitting on the table beside me.

I'm a proper author now.

Wohhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No comments: